From Thursday to Tuesday I went home to good old San Diego. The weather was cool, but divine for me. I miss it already. As usual, I didn't get to go to the beach. I think I'm forever cursed.Mostly I hung out while Mom pampered me, though I did help her with chores. I got to see and spend time with all my family in spurts (no big gathering like I thought even though I planned my trip around Dad's and my niece's birthday). I went to a Relief Society breakfast activity, I saw my dad's band play, and we celebrated my dad's birthday with an ice cream cake. And it was nice to attend classes at church instead of roam the halls for two hours.
The big event was my baby shower on Saturday. My friends Francine and Kristen arranged it all. The turnout was better than I expected, though many left early before the fun began. We mingled and munched for the first hour, then played the game where a card is taped to your back with the name of something baby related and you have to guess what it is. I was a burp cloth. Next was presents, and then everyone guessed my belly size with ribbon. Genesis, my 5-year-old niece, was exactly right (measuring 36 in.), with Kaitlyn in a close second. Afterward, was the funniest game of all: putting together the baby's face out of Justin's and my facial features cut out from pictures. We ended with Jeopardy, the categories being baby trivia, baby animals, nursery rhymes, and Justin (his answers to certain questions). I hung out with my friends for a few more hours, and Francine and Kristen even felt the baby kick a little. (He was pretty quiet during my whole stay there. It took several tries before my mom felt him.)
It was great seeing friends I had not seen in years and being with my best friends again. I felt so loved! I'm glad I went home. I especially miss my mom. As I did when she was here, I slept great while there. Now I'm back to tossing and turning and waking up every couple hours.

4 comments:
Your little baby bump is lookin cute! Aren't pampering mommies just the best?! I'm glad you got to go enjoy some fam time...its so necessary!
It was so fun to get to see you! Sorry I couldn't stay longer. That picture game sounds like it was really fun - what a cute idea!
we loved having you and wish we could see you again-DAD
Hey do we get to see that picture? Did someone take a picture of the picture? Lol. It sounds like you had a great time!
Post a Comment