Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday

I turned 23 yesterday. This year was the first time I wasn't super excited and planning ahead for my birthday. The reason? More excited about the baby and planning for his birthday! But I still figured something out last minute and the day was great.

We started out by going to the temple. It was wonderful of course. Afterward, we chilled at home, playing Rummy and eating shaved ice (the day before we found a Smart & Final in Scottsdale and bought a huge carton of syrup--Tiger's Blood, what I grew up on). Then my friend Cherise took me shopping. No luck at Ross, but at Burlington Coat Factory I found a pink maternity shirt for $5 and a cute jungle-themed frame set for Baby's first handprint and footprint. Thanks, Cherise!

Justin made me a delicious dinner. I wanted something new, so I chose his aunt's manicotti he's always raving about. It was really good! He also surprised me by renting Monsters vs. Aliens, which I've been wanting to see again. And I got a leg massage. It was a good birthday. The only bad thing was I forgot to take photos!

p.s. Justin washed the dishes this morning! What a good hubby!

4 comments:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

yay!!! I was thinking about you. I'm glad you had a nice Birthday and got a leg massage, ooh la la. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday!!! Happy birthday, by the way... I hope things are going well with you pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

you were royally treated and you had a great time with a great guy- DAD

Reese said...

I feel pretty lucky I got to steal you for part of your special day :) You're a great friend, I'm so blessed!