Yesterday was my doctor appointment--not quite what I expected! I had to have more lab work done; wasn't excited about that thanks to previous experiences. The midwife saw me first and found the baby's heartbeat. And the baby kicked the instrument so hard the doctor felt it! She said he is really strong for his age and obviously doesn't like his space invaded. I've noticed that whenever we've gotten ultrasounds, though that was the first time he protested our hearing his heartbeat. He has been moving around so much lately. I even saw my tummy move last night! Sometimes it's a little painful when he kicks hard. Like earlier today, he made me gasp and double over because I wasn't expecting it. I think he's going to be stubborn like his mama and obnoxious like his daddy.
After the appointment, I went fearfully to the lab. I had more blood drawn--painlessly! This phlebotomist was way better than the last. She was fast and didn't have to squeeze the blood out of me. I had to take the glucola test again (yuck). When my results were ready, more blood, then back to the clinic to get my Rhogam shot. I have O- blood, and Justin is positive, which means our baby might be positive. The shot is to prevent my body from attacking the baby. I have to have another one after birth.
So far I've gained 18 lbs. total. Everyone tells me I look so small, but my uterus growth and weight gain are right on target. The midwife said I hide it well, and my clothes do too. But I've still got time for my tummy to grow more. Only one trimester to go!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
ooooh, Cheski I'm so excited for you and your strong little boy.
haha. How fun that we get to see a glimpse of his personality even now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHESKI!!!!
I am sad that I don't get to see you no. That was a treat last time which I wish could be annual.
I wish I could have spent more time with you in SM. Anyways girl, I hope your day is really amazing!!!
And I will see you beginning of July!!
*MWAH*
Aw a strong little boy! That's a good thing (even though you have to deal with him in your tummy). I remember one time during a Young Women's lesson Collin was kicking me so hard that he kept bumping my arm up off my tummy (I was sitting with my arms crossed and resting on my belly). I kept looking around to see if anyone else noticed. Those little boys! Sounds like Collin somehow already started teaching him things. ha ha yay! I can't wait to see your little guy crawl around controlling the place :).
And you do look great. That's awesome that you've only gained 18 pounds. I think by 27 weeks I had gained 35! :). But don't you worry - your tummy is still super cute and very obvious! (But in a cute prego way, not like a humongo way).
Isn't it so cool to watch your belly move. I remember Tristan turning from one side to the other and you could see my belly completely change shape. It was awesomely weird. Good luck with the Last Trimester. I am so excited for you. What midwife do you go to?
he is not kicking! he is swinging a little golf club like his daddy!-DAD
You look amazing :)
I forgot to mention when you told me this that there is some controversy about ultrasounds, some believe they are uncomfortable for the baby - that they're getting increased electricity. They can be very helpful in identifying things like spina bifida etc., but all in all, many believe it's best to keep them at a minimum. I'll have to do more research on that.
Of course the Doppler isn't as bothersome, though baby can feel it. I've heard of other babies that just don't like it.
Post a Comment