This year Valentine's Day stretched over the weekend. We didn't really get to plan a whole evening together because of work. On Saturday night, Justin surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a funny card. I knew he would get me flowers since I teased him for the past year for forgetting Valentine's last year. Still, it was a nice surprise. I love flowers. Not really a rose fan, though, so he knows not to get those. I think they're too predictable and easy and boring.
Sunday when Justin came home from church, I surprised him with his gift: the bedroom door decorated with hearts, a card, and Underdog, one of his favorite kid movies. We spent time together the rest of the day, just chilling and playing a couple rounds of Skip Bo (thanks, Kara and Isaac, for getting us hooked on that!).Yesterday we wanted to officially celebrate, but it was the one time I was scheduled for the closing shift, and Justin worked in the morning. Due to some unexpectedly moldy bread, I had no dinner to take with me to work, and I couldn't go grab something because only two of us were working. So when Justin picked me up, we decided to get dinner together at Red Koi, where we went last year too. It was enjoyable and romantic being together. I really miss going on dates!

4 comments:
You're welcome! :)
You guys are such a cute couple! I love roses, but only light colored ones so you can see all the delicate tints and hues in them. I just don't like them at Valentine's day because they are too over-priced. Mike got me the cutest apron I'd been wanting - so girly, I love it.
glad you had some fun together-DAD
i used to watch Underdog as a kid 45 yrs ago!DAD
Post a Comment