On Tuesday after watching a particularly touching episode of "What Not to Wear," I decided I had had enough of pajamas and grossness. I showered and washed my hair and got dressed up in a skirt, heels, pearls, and my favorite pink jacket. I put on more makeup than I've ever worn, except on our first anniversary: foundation, purple eye shadow and eyeliner, mascara, tinted lipgloss, and rosy blush from a Mary Kay sample (come to think of it, all but the mascara were Mary Kay products). I put my essentials in a little Japanese clutch and walked to the campus library where I read for an hour or so. It felt so nice to be all beautified and in the sunshine, especially since I'm always sick. I kept it all on until Justin came home later that night. But as soon as he did, I got back into my pajamas because my house was freezing!
Ah, well, it's a start. I even did the makeup and necklace thing again for work yesterday, but felt a little ridiculous with my khaki pants, t-shirt, and running shoes. I actually envy those who have to dress up for work! Today I'm back in my pjs feeling terrible. I had planned for a rerun of Tuesday, but I'm too tired.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
That was my day today! I straightened my hair, did my makeup, put on some jewelry, and wore my best pea coat--all for visiting teaching :)
Sometimes you need to go all out and look fabulous because it makes you feel fabulous, too. It's worth the effort (at times)!
This is so cute Francesca! I can totally see how fun it is for you to this. You are so cute girl! I hope you are going to feel better soon.
ha ha you crack me up, but I am so happy for you! It is amazing how different someone can feel even after something as simple as a shower. Hmmm....when was the last day I took one of those again? :)
I think I can understand how you guys feel about needing to dress up every once in a while, but having to wear a skirt 5 or 6 days a week isn't all it's cracked up to be either! I'll trade you for a little while :) Hey, hope you start feeling better :)
Good for you Cheski! You inspired me to blow dry my hair today. :) Yes, I am in worse shape than you in that area.
I am sure you looked gorgeous with your makeup, khakis and running shoes.
Once in a while I decide that I want to look nice for work, but then I just end up ruining my good clothes (I wear like exercise gear to work).
Anyways, I have an update on that. I will blog.
Love you girl!!! Are you showing yet. and how many weeks along are you? You need one of those tickers. :)
It's hard to get gussied up when you feel like crap! I was throwing up all 9 months when I was pregnant with Sean. Not fun! For now, put your feet up and rest.
you are eternally lovely
DAD
Post a Comment