Sunday, February 8, 2009

Goodbye, Laundromats!


On Friday, January 31, our beautiful washer and dryer were delivered. Justin's parents bought them for me as a Christmas/graduation present. They were on sale and therefore on back order so we had to use the laundromat twice while we were here, and it isn't close! At least in college it was just downstairs from my apartment.

I am so incredibly happy to have my own washer and dryer! It's a new sort of freedom: I don't have to worry about avoiding a crowded laundry room, waiting for my laundry to finish, waiting for other people's laundry to finish so I can get a machine, having my quarters eaten, saving quarters, having limited wash and dry options, worrying about the weather, leaving in the middle of a TV show (jk), carrying up stairs two baskets and a bunch of hung-up clothing (I usually did laundry when Justin was gone) and dropping things, and so much more. Plus, they're high efficiency so they use less water--good for the environment!

Hello, washer and dryer! Goodbye, laundromat!

4 comments:

Whitney said...

You lucky, lucky person. :)

Anonymous said...

now that you live closer we are sending you our laundry- please check for stains - Stephen Caruso

Mrs. Sanchez said...

awww, sooo good for you!!

AesaLina Compton said...

Those look so nice. I was so excited when Richard and I bought ours. its nice to do laundry in your house huh.