At the beginning of 2011, we planned five individual and five family goals. (
Read about Caden's here.) These were my five goals for 2011 and how I did:
- Exercise 3 or more times a week: I ran 3 times a week until June when it got too hot. Justin and I went to the gym together a few times during the summer. Once the weather cooled down, I started running again but not consistently. Then a couple months ago I met another running mom at our playgroup and we ran three times a week together until Christmas break. We plan on continuing next year.
- Submit 4 manuscripts to magazines: I submitted much more than that, and all but the ones to Jen Magazine (an LDS online fashion magazine) were rejected. However, Jen has only published one of my articles so far. I'm going to submit more articles to Highlights next year.
- Watch less TV: Accomplished. There are still shows I watch by myself or with Justin, but in control and sometimes later online when I/we have time. Sleep and chores come first!
- Read the scriptures daily: This went up and down all year. Right now it's up from Christmas guilt. I need to improve significantly.
- Be more affectionate; no nagging: Justin's assessment: "Combined rating of B+. Much improvement from last year."
For Justin's privacy, I will not share his goals. Here are the ones we made for both of us:
- Clean the house: I did great all year. I cleaned the kitchen every day and stayed on top of laundry. I cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed more often. The only area I can still improve in is filing papers--my worst nightmare!
- Budget: For the most part we were strict. We had a lot of car troubles this year that cost us and were able to pay off all of them. The only time we did bad was eating out a lot in October and November.
- Go to the temple monthly: FAIL. I don't even remember the last time we went. And we still haven't finished renewing our recommends. Embarrassing.
- Have consistent family prayer, scripture study, and FHE. Family prayer and scripture study have been daily. We still need to work on FHE.
1 comment:
GREAT EFFORT- PAPERS SOUND LIKE MOM- dad
Post a Comment