The thought of having two kids somewhat scares me. Don't worry, I'm not pregnant or trying for another one. I just read all your blogs and wonder how you do it. I can barely manage one baby. Some of you ladies have more children and still have time to craft, blog, bake, go to school or work, and do other hobbies and chores. Sure, next time around I wil have a better idea of what to expect and Caden will be older. But every baby and situation is different and unpredictable. The next one could be easy or another high-need baby. Caden could be helpful or jealous. I could go into super mother mode or lose my mind completely. Or maybe land somewhere in the middle. And who knows what our life will be like then. Will Justin still be in school? Will we be in a different home? A different state? Will Justin be employed? Will our second car die? So much unknown!
Of course, I went through a similar time before Caden was born. Some fears were unnecessary, some came true (namely, a baby who never wants to sleep). The only way I can think of to prepare now is to work on time management and organization. Those are the things I have greatest control over.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sometimes, it scares me to think of having just one kid... then, I think of having two or three and the same thoughts you have run through my head. From what I've read, you're doing great with Caden. I'm obviously inexperienced with the motherhood thing, but so much of life is a huge question mark and the best thing we can do is allow ourselves learn as we go.
ps. Caden is still the cutest baby boy ever :)
Do it how we did. Don't plan it! Haha, actually I know how you feel. I felt that way too when I found out I was pregnant with my second. I cried as I held my first baby (then 9 months) and wondered how in the world I was going to handle another one. Unknowns and fears turned into realities as my husband lost his job, got another one, applied for an out of state position, and the house we were renting was foreclosed on. Those are just the highlights! Through it all the Lord and my family were my strength... and Zoloft. Thank heaven for modern medicine! All I can really say is the Lord doth provide:)
Ha you know what? Everything works out. Now that Elle is here I keep thinking "how come it was so hard to take a shower when I just had Collin?" because now in hindsight it doesn't seem like I was as busy as I am now. But it's a good busy and it's a busy that the first one prepares you for. You just don't notice until the second one is already here :). You'll be able to do it I promise. I'm always amazed to see how Heavenly Father makes things possible. I see His hand in so many things now. And crafting and all that? Who cares! Time just keeps going by faster and if at the end of the day all you've done is spent time with Caden on the floor or smiling at him or singing to him you can be assured you've done the most important thing you could that day.
Oh and before you get too hard on yourself...just remember that a lot of us aren't as dedicated as you are as far as potty training and stuff. That takes a lot of time and dedication!
aww, I imagine you would do wonderfully with two kiddos. I think God grants us abilities beyond what we think we are capable of to survive and thrive in many differing difficult situations. I would think juggling two young children is an exercise in faith.
**Also, if your child is 3 or older when the baby comes he can definitely be a little helper/entertainer of the baby.
Oh and Caden may be jealous or helpful or both, but he'll survive it. :)
I am with you on this! My thoughts exactly. I do still want more, but sheesh! This mom stuff is tough! I do remember people telling me it was tough, but you just can't really know until you are in it. All you can do is your best and remember how important the work is. Much more so than any hobby or craft. Thank goodness they grow and at least you get the hang of some stuff and tackle different challenges :) I am SO impressed by your potty training efforts by the way!
Oh man, I relate completely to this post! I'm terrified to have another child, and Gabby is the easiest baby ever! I just can't imagine I will be able to deal with two when I can't even seem to handle one very easy child. And I agree with Rachel, thank heavens for modern medicine :) We'll see how this pans out!
Post a Comment