Thanksgiving
My family came down again.
Thanksgiving dinner. It actually wasn't as extravagant as usual and took much longer to make since I had to stop so much to care for Caden. In fact, we didn't have the pumpkin pies until the next day.
Caden's outfit I bought at a thrift store the day I found out he was a boy. That menu will be more accurate this year.
I don't remember much of what we did except watch movies and play games as usual. I also figured out how to transfer music from my brother's iPod to my computer--only to accidentally delete all the files a few days later. I was so mad because it took me forever to locate the songs I wanted since they weren't all clearly named. And who knows when my brother will visit again (he's at BYU now).
Christmas
We went to the ward Christmas party. Caden fell asleep and didn't wake up until the end when Santa came out. He was cranky and hungry, so we snagged a quick photo of him on Santa's lap before leaving.
We also went to Justin's work party. I did not have fun. It was too close to Caden's bedtime, so I spent most of the time wandering the club house to keep Caden quiet. And we didn't win anything from the raffle.
On Christmas Eve we went to see the lights at the Mesa Temple. We ran into our home teacher, who invited us over for lunch the next day.
Christmas morning. Caden got the most presents of course. He wasn't interested in any of them, not even the wrapping paper. After we opened presents, we went to our home teacher's for a Mexican lunch. I don't even remember what I made for dinner.
New Year's
We were out window shopping and decided to eat at Ruby Tuesday's. They had a great New Year's deal going on. I love their food! I can't stand TGIF, Chili's, or Applebee's (except their dessert). Caden woke up sooner than expected, of course, and so I nursed at a restaurant for the first time. It wasn't bad because we were in a corner behind the entrance and it was dimly lit. There just wasn't much space.
We didn't stay up but went straight to bed to ring in the New Year. There's no such thing as partying when you have a baby who wakes up a lot!
Three Kings Day
I didn't realize the date, so we celebrated Three Kings Day on the 7th instead of the 6th. I played salsa music and made rice, beans, and pumpkin fritters. I bought us a ton of movies on sale at Target as our gift. Caden got a crinkle toy I bought on Etsy.
Four-Year Engagement Anniversary
For Christmas, Justin got some restaurant gift cards. One was to the Keg. We used it the night of our four-year engagement anniversary. Caden was a nightmare! He wouldn't stop screaming. We both tried bouncing him to sleep. I took him to the car and nursed him while Justin ate. Then I ate while Justin changed his diaper. They were taking so long. Finally they came out and Justin told me Caden went both #1 and #2 all over while changing him. Luckily I had an extra onesie. The whole fiasco was partially our fault. We weren't prepared since we weren't sure if we were even going to go. On the bright side, since our server thought it was our wedding anniversary (even though we told him engagement), he gave us free dessert. The food was really good but pricey.
And that is it! Finally caught up. Whew.








No comments:
Post a Comment