Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine Adventures

We started our Valentine's week by going to the stake sweetheart dance. I was super excited to go since we haven't gone dancing together in a long time. We had two friends (my doulas/childbirth instructors) babysit Caden at our place. Here's the breakdown of the night

+When we got there we got our photos taken for free. Cheesy but cute.
+There were cookies and Thrifty ice cream (a childhood favorite) and a disco ball!
-The music was L-A-M-E!!!
-The DJ was obsessed with structured dances, even going so far as teaching everyone "Thriller."
-I ate too many goodies.
-I couldn't remember how to triple swing.
-We got a call from the babysitters after an hour saying they locked themselves out of the house. Apparently, Caden was really upset, so they took him out for a walk, forgetting to leave the door knob unlocked. Oops.
-They also admitted to spilling a drink on our carpet (ice tea, so no stain) and having naked ladies paused on the TV (it was a birthing video, haha).
-Caden was up for a couple hours before finally going to sleep.

On Valentine's Day Justin came home straight from work instead of practicing golf. We didn't want to spend money, so we agreed to not eat out or buy each other gifts. Instead, we were going to camp out in our living room. We didn't really do that, but we did make tin foil dinners and dessert. We watched You Again; it was a cute and funny movie. The only disappointment was that I asked Justin to write me a love note as my gift since he hasn't written me one in a long time He didn't do it. Nor the next day even. :0(

ground beef, carrots, potatoes, and onions

Funfetti cake in a hollowed-out orange

Thursday we went out to eat at Ruby Tuesday's because they emailed me an irresistable coupon. Dinner was yummy and Caden slept for half of it and was calm when he was awake. It was very enjoyable. Since Caden was in such a good mood, we decided to browse Best Buy for fun. We ended up playing the Kinect for like an hour. We bowled (I lost barely because Justin got a turkey at the end) and did track and field (I lost because the last race I was holding Caden). The playback video was really embarrassing. It was a fun free activity--highly recommend it.

Friday we had dinner with new friends in the ward. I made ravioli and meat sauce, garlic bread, and salad, and they made dessert. The first time I ever made ravioli was for my friend's anniversary. It was a disaster and I was so embarrassed, so this time I bought it premade.

When he started rolling like crazy

Caden's update: He rolls around the living room and already gets into stuff, like wires. I need to babyproof this house! Ever since he discovered his feet he has been pulling on his socks. He's back into his squealing stage. He's signed potty correctly a couple times, but he forgot how to sign milk. He's sleeping better at night and nursing less, but he does wake up a couple times to go potty. Last night, after five hours, his diaper was dry! But he sure did fill up his potty chair. He can go on a regular toilet too but prefers not to. He takes a pacifier a lot more often. He loves to dance--definitely his mother's son. He's so big now I have to get more clothes out of the storage closet because nothing fits him anymore!

p.s. I am limiting my time on Facebook and therefore no longer posting pictures there. This is the link to my new online album of Caden. Here is the link to the 2011 album.

3 comments:

Arica said...

cheski, he is seriously such a beautiful baby! glad you had fun. (:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

LOVE that babysitter story, not that you had to come home early and I KNOW those ladies are super competent, but still - funny.

Sounds like Caden is doing GREAT!! Everyone (as in Kristen & Tammy) asked me how my visit was and it is so fun bragging about your adorable little guy.

Concerned American Citizen said...

Ahhh... what a cute baby. Thank you for stopping by and following. I'm following back now. Be sure to stop by on Tuesdays for the blog hop. Just enter you link in the linky.

http://seriousmrse.blogspot.com