Sunday, February 6, 2011

Making Progress

Over the past month, Caden has been making progress in the following areas:
    Sometimes he sucks his fingers in his sleep!
  • He can almost sign potty. The sign is shaking your fist with your thumb between your first two fingers. Caden puts his thumb inside his fist and slowly moves it back and forth. I no longer confuse it with milk. He also likes to sign milk when he is tired and just wants to nurse himself to sleep, so I think he is ready to learn a new sign: sleep!
  • He is nowhere near crawling, but I can tell he wants to. He pushes his head into the ground, pushes off his toes, and tries to scoot himself forward that way and gets frustrated when it doesn't work. It's really funny.
  • Caden is such a gabber! He loves blowing spit bubbles too.
  • He has been sleeping a lot longer at night. I hope it's not a phase or only because he is sick. I am enjoying the sleep I'm getting! He also does not nurse every time he awakens and sometimes falls back asleep on his own.
  • About a week ago he rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time! He has not repeated it since.
  • He loves to grab everything, including my hair. Ouch!
  • A couple days ago he discovered his feet and loves to grab them while I change his diaper.

2 comments:

Mary Killion said...

Go Caden! He's growing up so fast :)

Mrs. Sanchez said...

awww, so glad to hear that he is sleeping better through the nights.