Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Diaper Dilemma

I need diaper advice from all you disposable-diaper users. I think Caden would sleep for longer periods during the night if it weren't for wet (cloth) diapers waking him up. He is so sensitive to wet diapers, no matter how padded, that he fusses in his sleep. It's so bad he has a bald spot in the back of his head from chafing it against the bed. And it wakes me up too. I change him to stop his fussing, and he wakes up. I nurse him back to sleep because it's easy for both of us, but it only makes him pee more and wake himself up trying to poop around 4 a.m. We have used disposable diapers at night before and had the same problem. What is a good diaper to use at night so that we all can get more sleep? Thanks, ladies!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Huggies hold the most!

Lissy said...

I've been very happy with the Kirkland brand from Costco - but I don't think Lily wets them very much during the night. Any time I've had trouble with leaking I moved to the next size up and it was fine. Huggies and Pampers were fine too, just try the next size up - the weight ranges aren't super accurate and usually overlap. Good luck! Don't forget this stage too will pass!

Becky said...

I think huggies is the best for night time. We use the Walmart cheap brand during the day and huggies at night. Levi drinks a lot of milk so if we don't it wets all through his clothes.

Jamie said...

I would go a size up. We have a big box of size 3's (even though Gray is really a size 2) and use them at night. I use Huggies and Pampers, but I like the Huggies the best. Kirkland is good too...very comparable to Huggies. But with my couponing addiction, I can get the Huggies for the cheapest (most of the time).

Brenden+Nikki said...

I'm totally a huggies mom. Although I've used Pampers too and had no problems. There are mornings where Collin wakes up and I swear his diaper weighs 2 pounds. And we've never had leaks. Anyway, Huggies also makes overnight diapers which I've never tried, but supposedly they're supposed to be more absorbent (holds for 12 hours)....but honestly I think that's just another way to get your money....but it might be worth a try. Like I said, I've never tried them so they may help little Caden not feel so wet at night. I've never had to change to a size up for night time like the other moms. Collin wears size 3 morning, noon and night and we haven't had any problems. Sorry - I'm babbling...but you're used to that from me :). Hope you find something that works!

Ashley said...

yep, huggies and going up a size helped beckett's to stop leaking at night.