Friday, December 10, 2010

The Tortoise and the Hare

I feel like the tortoise from "The Tortoise and the Hare"--I am way behind. I have three important things (hares) to blog about: the trip to Wisconsin for a wedding, Caden's baby blessing, and Thanksgiving. I never have time to do it because Caden only lets me blog in spurts. That's why I've been giving more time and attention to my other blogs instead--less work. Plus, I still have so many photos to upload to the computer, sort through, and post on Facebook. Both grandparents are getting impatient, and rightly so. Well, who knows when those things will get done. For now, I will just write about the little things while Caden is still napping. Just remember, the tortoise does eventually overtake the hare!

Yesterday, we finally put up the tree and decorations. It's not much, but it's nice. Caden really liked the Christmas lights. Caden, by the way, is getting bigger and cuter (is that possible?) every day. He tries to sit up more when I sit him on the couch. He has the strength but not the balance. He likes to suck his thumb when he takes a break from sucking his whole hand, sometimes both hands at once. He loves the songs "La Araña Pequeñita" ("The Eensy-Weensy Spider") and "If You're Happy and You Know It" (half in Spanish, half in English). He's getting better at tummy time and I think will start rolling over soon if we can get him to lie down long enough without crying.

I took him to the doctor a week ago because I thought he might be colicky: he would cry every day around 7 p.m. but only for an hour. The pediatrician checked him out to rule out other possibilities and decided it was colic or acid reflux. I think he does have some acid reflux, but I think I can rule out colic because the last few days he hasn't cried at his normal late evening hour. What was different? He got a long nap that day! I think when he doesn't sleep long enough during the day, he is extremely exhausted and cranky by evening, the time we start getting him ready for bed. He was trying to tell us he already wanted to be in bed and therefore cried until he finally fell asleep. I hope that's the end of that!

1 comment:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Nice to see you updating on your personal blog again.

We've all gotten backlogged before. Enjoyed the update. Makes me think I should learn the classic children's songs in Spanish. :)