- For the past couple months I've had terrible acne on my face and chest.
- I've already leaked colostrum (pre-milk) a couple times, much to Justin's amusement and my embarrassment, though thankfully we were at home both times it happened.
- My belly button is sticking out more. It looks like a volcano, not a true outie.
- My feet and ankles have been incredibly swollen ever since Sunday, July 25. None of my shoes fit anymore, so I have to wear flip flops everywhere, which doesn't help the swelling.
- I'm mostly all baby, but my thighs have chubbed up a lot.
- Baby dropped Sunday, August 1.
- For the past month I took yoga classes and did a couple step aerobics classes and gym and swim workouts.
- The past week or so has been terrible for sleeping. I toss and turn all night.
- I was handling the heat well until July hit, and it was a record-high month of crazy temperatures, as reflected in our latest electric bill.
Baby moves around a ton. It almost feels like he's trying to kick and stretch his way out. Poor thing is probably cramped in there. One night I threatened to spank him if he didn't move away from his favorite spot by my bruised ribs, and he promptly responded with a hard kick! It made me and Justin laugh.
Our childbirth classes have been going great. We only have two left--one lecture day and one party day. As for my birthing method, I've been doing Hypnobabies, a type of hypnobirthing (self-hypnosis). It's about positive thinking, visualization, relaxation, and deep, slow breathing. No negativity, fear, or pain allowed. I really love it and recommend it to all mothers who fear giving birth, whether because it's their first time or they've had previous traumatic births. It's all about empowerment!

6 comments:
Yay! I am so excited to see pictures of your little one! The real countdown begins. Good luck with birthing and everything. I'm sure you've heard this a thousands times...I've never been through anything that physically taxing, but it's sooo worth it!
WOW! 3 more weeks? That's so soon! It seems to go so fast (when you're not the one pregnant!) But I hear ya...being pregnant is not easy! Hang in there...the best and most amazing day of your life is about to happen! Oh and good luck with the natural childbirth. I gave it a try and it hurt...bad! So I ended up getting the epidural, but it didn't "take", so I ended up going "natural" anyway. But again...it hurt!!!
Aw yay!!! You're doing great, you look great and you're going to do great when he gets here becase you are totally ready. Ha ha totally remember the melt downs, sleepless nights and high AC bill. Ha ha I think ours last July wad $240! ;). Hang in there! You're almost there!
I can't believe he is almost here!!! So exciting!!
Good luck with these last weeks. The physical hardships are definitely not fun, but holding that little one in your arms will be! Love ya chica!
I'm so excited for you guys! I can't believe it's that soon. Sounds like you have done a lot of great preparation - I hope it all goes just how you want it to!
excited. :) You are almost there!!!
Post a Comment