Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Work

St. Patrick's Day was my last day of work. I didn't quit; I am taking a break for who knows how long. Work was becoming stressful and tiring for me, and my frequent call-ins were frustrating for my employers. I couldn't go on official medical leave since I have worked for less than a year. But my managers didn't want to fire me and rehire me (too much paperwork). We worked out a deal, which basically was, "Do whatever you want, because we love you and really want you to come back." I have that effect on people. jk. Seriously, though, it is like that. They are allowing me to take time off for as long as I need. I can even go back on break once I return if I find that it is too much. And they'll work around my schedule once the baby is born, which is what I was most worried about because it's absolutely crazy around Halloween (remember all my venting?). Even if I do quit, they said that as long as they are the managers there, I will always have a job.

I have the greatest bosses. I always have. I have never had a boss problem in my entire life. I have always liked my bosses, and they have always liked me. Plus, (bragging moment), I am a hardworker and am pleasant to be around. All that adds up to me having great work experiences and being able to do things perhaps other employees might not be able to do. I don't get all the credit, of course. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with kind and understanding employers, especially at this most important time of my life.

1 comment:

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Wow Cheski!!! You're so impressive!! I'm glad they see that in you. seriously. It really is a compliment though and what a good feeling to know you will always have a job there if needed.