Monday, March 29, 2010

Ultrasound

Three weeks ago I had my ultrasound. All the weeks leading up to it I was freaking out about having a full bladder. Things were bad enough before I even got pregnant; just a sip of water made me go. I ended up being ok, though it was such a relief when I finally went. Anyway, after the initial ultrasound, the nurse got Justin and showed us the screen. It was really awesome to actually see my baby. It made my pregnancy more real, a lot more than hearing the heartbeat did. The most wonderful part of it was when the baby moved. It wiggled its little arms and legs (I didn't feel it), as if it were saying, "Hey, I'm trying to sleep in here!" Those wiggles confirmed to me that there is a living, growing child of God inside me. It's not a dream--I'm really going to be a mommy!


Isn't he/she darling? Yeah, we still don't know the gender. At only 10 cm long, it was too small to tell. We find out April 19.


Here you can see the baby's face. The large dark spot is the skull, the two dark spots above the word face are the eyes, and to the right are the teeth forming a smile (or so I like to think). When I first saw this photo, I kind of thought it looked like a chicken fetus, but it's grown on me since. My baby is so beautiful! I put the photos on the fridge so I can see my baby everyday.

4 comments:

Mary Killion said...

Oh how I love ultrasounds! We thought Liz looked like an alien in her early ultrasounds, but you're right--SEEING the baby does make it seem real! I can't wait for you guys to find out if it's a boy or a girl!!

Lissy said...

So exciting! I remember feeling the same way!

Ashley said...

Oooh, so exciting! You must be SO excited to find out the gender. I always have such a hard time waiting for that!

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and Justin!