Thursday, January 28, 2010

Engagement Anniversary

Last week Wednesday was our three-year engagement anniversary. I was feeling terrible all day, and Justin had mutual that night, so we didn't celebrate. Friday night, around 7, I felt ok enough to go out. We went to the Macaroni Grill, where we were eating when Justin proposed, and got some gelato afterward. Everything was really good and didn't upset my tummy. And it was nice to go out and spend time together away from home. We hadn't had a date night for a long time!

Then Tuesday night I was washing a dish (when washing lots, I take my rings off) and noticed my engagement ring was missing! It hadn't gone down the drain, because the holes in the drain are too small. I knew I had it before I left the house to go visiting teaching. Other than that, I had no idea when or where I lost it. I finally found it today hidden in the towels in the closet; it must have come off when I was folding them. (The ring is really loose, but I don't want to get it fitted because I'm sure it will stay on better once my body swells from pregnancy.) I'm happy Heavenly Father answered my prayer and led me to look in the linen closet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you are feeling a little better and enjoyed some time with your eternal companion- glad you found the ring!
DAD

Mrs. Sanchez said...

Oh my goodness, I remember the first time I left my engagement ring somewhere. I take it off when washing dishes too and when I shower.

Now, I actually keep a replacement ring in my car (not w/diamonds, just something to wear) in case I forget my ring at home.

Glad you found it and went out and had some fun. We don't even celebrate proposal anniversary, that's really cute. And you look beautiful in the picture you posted.

And I am sure you're right about fingers swelling.