Friday, May 8, 2009

Baby Names 2008

After logging out of my email, the msn.com home page popped up, and this article caught my eye: "Emma, Jacob are top baby names in U.S." Here are the rest of the 2008 winners:

Girls
  1. Emma
  2. Isabella
  3. Emily
  4. Madison
  5. Ava
  6. Olivia
  7. Sophia
  8. Abigail
  9. Elizabeth
  10. Chloe

Boys

  1. Jacob
  2. Michael
  3. Ethan
  4. Joshua
  5. Daniel
  6. Alexander
  7. Anthony
  8. William
  9. Christopher
  10. Matthew

I like most of the girl names (not too fond of Abigail and Madison) and only a few of the boy names. I've always been picky about boy names. None really catches my liking. Girl names are so much more fun to choose! They're elegant, cute, and easier to be creative and unique with. I adore classy, sophisticated names: Sophia, Elena, Linnette, Ella, and the rest on the 2008 list. I love m's and l's and "a" endings ("uh" sound, which looks unattractive but sounds divine). I hope I have lots of girls! (Knock on wood.)

To read the rest of the article, click here.

1 comment:

Arica said...

oh yes.. 'a' endings, like "aric-uh"

(:

aren't baby names fun to think about!?