Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One Woman's Trash

is my treasure! Monday my mother, little sister, and I went to Savers, a giant thrift store in Mesa. I found two pairs of shoes that looked like they were only worn a couple times. The miracle was that I needed new church shoes and flats, but I hadn't been able to find anything. Then with quitting my job, I couldn't afford to buy new shoes anyway. And then there they were--in my size, my style, waiting for me. The church shoes are satiny heels with a little bow on each toe. They were $5.99, but blue-tag items were on sale, so they rang up as $0.99! The flats also have a bow on each toe, but with white stitching (see picture below), and were $7.99. And, in honor of pig week, I found a pair of brand new piggy slippers for $3.99!




Yesterday, we went to Goodwill. There I found a brown skirt for $4.99 and two books: The Miracle of Forgiveness ($1.99) and How to Win Friends and Influence People ($1.49). I am definitely happy with my finds.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Look at you Miss Savvy Shopper! Good finds girl:)

Anonymous said...

Mom and Conti loved their visit and we loved your thank you card- and we love you and Justin- congrats to Justin on the job !
Stephen Caruso