Differences
- Justin is a jock. He loves all sports and can play almost all of them really well. He lives for Monday night football because he can't watch Sunday games. He made us wear our cheeseheads while we watched a Packer game for FHE. I, on the other hand, am a nerd. I can't play or understand sports; I am not athletic or coordinated at all. All I can do is run. In my spare time I love to read. I always enjoy telling people this because it surprises them. Last year Thanksgiving, Justin played in the ward Turkey Bowl and shocked everyone with his mad skills. Everyone assumed that because he is married to me--and probably because he's Asian--he is a nerd. Their bruises tell otherwise.
- Justin is a Wisconsiner through and through: he inhales dairy products, beef, soda, and fatty food. I grew up with a health-nut mother. The only junk food we had in the house all the time was ice cream (she's not as strict now). We never made beef at home. Unfortunately, Justin doesn't like fish--unless it's raw! And I rarely, if ever, drink soda. Furthermore, he is used to snow and cold (but he doesn't like it any more than I do), big yards you have to mow with a riding lawn mower, lots of open space, and no noise, traffic, lights, fences, etc. I love close neighborhoods, being able to walk to school or the store, street lamps, and noise. Nobody likes traffic!
- Justin likes to listen to punk, hard rock, and rap. I like latin and classical. We have a lot of music tastes in common, but the above mentioned are ones we usually only listen to when alone. That's why Justin bought me an iPod for my birthday this year.
- Justin is a bit shy in social settings, especially large ones, with people he doesn't know. He doesn't like public speaking either. I like to "mix and mingle" and I actually enjoy talking in front of people. However, when it comes to performance, Justin is in the limelight and I get awful stage fright.
Similarities
- We both love to dance, go bowling, watch movies, play board games, cook, be active, sleep, cuddle, laugh, and act silly. We actually have a lot more in common than not when it comes to likes and dislikes; it's just that sports play such a major role in his life. I mean, his career is going to be in golf!
- We both love beautiful weather and the beach. If we could afford it, we would live in San Diego.
- We have similar tastes in food: we both love Japanese food (especially tofu and seaweed), other cultural foods, rice, vegetables, onions, and garlic. The last two are nice because we don't care when we kiss!
- We love culture. We both have strong ethnic identities and traditions and we can't wait to pass them along to our children. And we can't wait to see what our children will look like!
I titled this post "Puzzle Pieces" because that's what we are. We have different colors and shapes but when put together we make a complete, pretty picture.

No comments:
Post a Comment