Sunday, October 30, 2011

Caden's Cuteness


Eating spaghetti for the first--and last--time.
Caden's cuteness never ceases. Remember he learned to say "uh-oh"? Now he's learned when to say it: whenever he or I drop something. He's really good at imitating now. He copied my playing with his truck, saying "hroom" instead of "vroom." I taught him to raise his arms up high to mean "pick me up." And all our hard work cleaning up his toys every night before bed for months has paid off. He knows that clean up means to put away the toys and he helps now. It's so cute! He's also started clapping when we say "yay," something we didn't teach him. He is a very observant child. And mischievous. Church is torture now. Gone are the days he would sit contentedly in my lap and play with toys. He's into climbing everything. We took him to the park for the first time on Monday. He was mostly interested in the dirt. I took him again Friday. Some four-year-old boys were running around, and Caden got so excited. He wanted to run with them so badly, but they were too fast and not interested in playing with him. We returned Saturday for a baby shower and he was excited by all the boys riding their bikes. He wants to be a big kid so badly! 


He has progressed to one long nap in the early afternoon. The timing is still off though, because he still is tired by dinner and we have to keep him up to ensure he doesn't take another nap and stay up late. However, he refuses to sleep in the crib. He used to nap in the crib during the day without waking, sleep in his crib for a few hours at night, and then sleep with us the rest of the night. Now he wakes up during his nap and won't go back to sleep unless I lie down with him. I'll sneak off, he might wake again later, and I'll have to cuddle him back to sleep (as I wrote this yesterday, he slept in his crib for two hours!). But he sleeps for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours total. At night, he rarely lasts more than half an hour in his crib before wanting to go to bed with us. I don't know what happened.

The step stool is one of his favorite toys.
 Caden's tastes are unique. Musically speaking, he doesn't like pop or rock or R&B. He loves disco! Truly his mother's son. Whenever I play some boogie tunes, he gets excited and starts spinning in circles. As for food, he still likes baby food. I feed him Beechnut stage 3 meals. The solid foods he does eat are mostly mushy (oatmeal, yogurt, cheese, applesauce, berries, cereal bars), though he does like rice, tortilla chips, corn tortillas, and popcorn. He's a picky snacker too. His tastes change weekly, but he always likes his rice puffs. In his birthday post I said he didn't like the cupcake, but I think he may have a little sweet tooth. At Friday night's ward Halloween party, he had a mini cupcake and gobbled it up! Except the frosting. And last night he eagerly nibbled at a mini rice krispie treat he got from trunk-or-treating.


Caden is my little cutie and I love him so much, even though I admit he sometimes drives me crazy!

My mom caught it on camera!

Read on my giveaway blog an update on infant potty training.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Such a cutie!

Mrs. Sanchez said...

I love that hair and toothy grin! LOVE the grin!! If possible, each photo seemed cuter than the next.

How fun that he is imitating now as well. Does he still like books?

Anonymous said...

he's adorable even when crushing the Charmin-DAD

Francesca said...

He rarely asks me to read to him, but he still likes looking at books.

Francesca said...

I stand corrected. Ever since writing my last comment, Caden has been asking me to read to him nonstop!