Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Little Cuddle Bug

I love Caden at this age. He is so interactive and fun. Right now he's in a cuddly stage. He loves to hug and snuggle me and Justin. He loves to give big, wet, open-mouthed kisses. And he loves to be hugged, snuggled, and kissed back.

I grew up in a very touchy feely home. I loved it when I was little, but by the time I was out of the house, I put up a huge space bubble. I still love to hug and cuddle, but on my own terms. Justin grew up in the complete opposite atmosphere: he was physically deprived, which made him crave physical affection. Of course, that makes for an interesting marriage. Took some time for us to find a middle ground. Anyway, now that I'm a parent, I can understand why my family was so huggy kissy (besides the fact that we're Hispanic and Italian). It's hard not to smother a cute little baby with love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we miss him so much - we wish we could eat him up every day-DAD

Mrs. Sanchez said...

awww, your Dad's comment is cute. We weren't super physical in our house. Looks like Caden just wants to give back the love and cuddles(with open mouth kisses).

Justin is outnumbered. OR maybe he is finally getting the physical affection he wanted when he was little. :)