Recently I sorted through some boxes and found a couple old notebooks a former high school friend and I wrote in to each other our freshman year. Yesterday I started reading them, and all I have to say is wow, I was such a weirdo! The notes are pretty lame. We talk about the same stuff and inside jokes over and over and over. It's really annoying and pointless. And I realized how incredibly not funny I was. I think I tried too hard. I wasn't comfortable being myself so I would try to emulate the fun characteristics of my friends and fail miserably. Anyway, I'm going to finish reading the notebooks just for fun and then throw them away!
Oh, yeah, Sunglasses and Peaches were our nicknames (I was Peaches). I have no idea how they came to be.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I say keep them, don't throw em out. I regretted that about some funny things I threw out.
Same regrets here. And I think a lot of people feel like they were ridiculous when they were younger! In the defense of humankind (myself included), that's how teenagers are. I see it every day as a middle school teacher, and even looking back at myself. It's like going to the circus every day!! Blame it on underdeveloped frontal lobes and hormonal imbalances. We've aged ten years or so, so of course we see the world through (somewhat) wiser, confident eyes of grown women.
aww, how funny Cheski. I have a few notebooks like that myself. I just cringe at the content.
But, I also smile at it too. That immaturity is a part of growing up, lol. Even when I don't want to think I ever was that way.
I have a box that I saved filled with old notes from HS friends. I treasure that craziness. And seriously Cheski, I wasn't even self conscious, I was just that weird, lol.
In fact, in some respects I still am. :)
listen to your friends. you are too self critical and you were a great baby child teen and adult.you must see how you developed and learn from your experiences and remember that's why 15 yr old girls and boys are not adults yet.DAD
Post a Comment