Thursday, December 6, 2007

One Year Anniversary

Thursday, November 29, 2007, marked one year since Justin and I became girlfriend and boyfriend. It doesn't feel like it has been that long. A lot has happened in that one year, but it has all been worth it because it culminated to our eternal marriage in the temple.

I had planned on doing something cute for Justin, like making him a romantic note or buying something cute, but it didn't happen. When I got home, I expected Justin to be there waiting for me so we could get ready for our date night: dinner and a free classical concert. I knocked on the door so I wouldn't have to dig for my keys. No answer. It looked dark inside. Where is Justin, I wondered starting to get annoyed. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. It was dark and empty. And then I looked down.

There was a trail of almond kisses and rose petals leading me through the apartment, to the bathtub (with more petals, but the water had drained), and to the bed where a beautiful boquet of colorful roses and a romantic note lay waiting for me amid a sea of even more kisses and petals. Justin walked in the door looking gorgeous already dressed up to go out. I was so pleasingly surprised and happy. Justin is the most romantic guy in the world! I felt so ashamed that I had thought poorly of him when I first came home.

We went to P.F. Changs and then walked around the mall. We ended up not going to the concert and got dessert instead at Denny's. Then we drove home and watched Strictly Ballroom (I ended up falling asleep). It was such a sweet night being with my husband. I love him so much!

1 comment:

Mary Killion said...

Justin IS romantic! Yay for romantic, creative husbands!