Thursday, December 6, 2007

December 1

The morning of Saturday, December 1, was beautiful. The whole world outside was wrapped in clean white snow. It was soft and freshly fallen, still untouched except for in the roads. I decided to still go running while Justin went to play football. I was surprisingly in a happy mood. Everything was so lovely! The bare trees dripping under the weight of the snow, the perfectly smooth plateaus of white, the houses that looked like Christmas cards. I stopped to make a snow angel, my best one yet, and said hello to those outside shoveling their driveways. It wasn't even that cold outside. And the timing was perfect: the first day of December, the day I think of as the start of winter and Christmas. It set the mood for the rest of the day spent Christmas shopping and decorating. I love Heavenly Father's creations!

No comments: