Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thanksgiving (Part 1)

I know it's not Thursday yet, but I'm not going to have any time to write then, so...

I am so excited it is finally my favorite holiday! Thanksgiving makes me happy. Everything about it is wonderful and uplifting:
  • fall weather with cool days and red, orange, and yellow leaves (especially crunchy ones)
  • loud, lively family all together
  • yummy food that I enjoy cooking
  • roadtrips home listening to music, talking, and laughing with my husband
  • movies and board games
  • the turkey wobble!
  • Thanksgiving decorations of turkeys, Pilgrims, harvest foods, leaves, and cornucopias
  • the history behind the holiday
  • the countless ways God has blessed me

This last one I would like to focus on. Gratitude is necessary for lasting happiness. It dispels envy and covetousness, anger and malice, depression and insecurity. It brings peace and contentment, joy and optimism, love and admiration. And it invites even more blessings from the Lord! Let gratitude fill your heart while the turkey fills your tummy. :0) Happy Thanksgiving!

"And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more." --D&C 78:19

No comments: